julij 23, 2008

European Open 2008

Last weekend we were on one of the biggest events in agility world - European Open. I was participating with little Boom, Eni and Toy and also croatian sheepdog Gra. I don't have any result to be proud of, but I'm very happy with almost all of my runs.
We left our home on thursday morning and in Slovenia weather was sunny. Although I checked the weather report for Germany (and it was really bad) I hoped for the best. When we drove closer and closer to Germany, weather got worse and worse. In the evening we drove to Gelsenkirchen and it was raining. We put up our tent and made our little camp with other slovenians.
When we woke up on friday it was raining. We want to check in and made a little training at 11 o'clock. Boom and Gra fell off the dog-walk on training, and I decided not to run at full speed with them. Unfortunately I didn't remember to put up a double and combine obstacle for little Boom (because he had never seen it in his life). I was very pleased with our training, so I was very happy about this competition.
On saturday we started with jumping course with minpins. Eni was first running from my pack and she was running very good and fast (I'm so sorry I don't have this run taped). Then it was Boom's turn and unfortunately he crashed into double obstacle, mad a salto, so I picked him up to make him calmer and then ran on - it was disqualification of course. I made a big mistake with Toy and on the combined obstacle got a refusal (because of warning him to much about it).
The day went on and we were also running agility courses. I made a realy nice agility course with Gra and I'm very proud of it. You will see it on video. I will publish it later.
On sunday we had team copmpetitions, but I run very bad (it was raining all the time and it was impossible to run in all that mud).
I met some very nice people there and this years EO will stay in my memory. I don't remember when it was so cold in july and we drunk enormous liters of tea, but we played cards (Tarok) late in the night. It was a great event, and we're planning it next year also - in Netherlands.

Ni komentarjev: