junij 26, 2008

Belgium

I'm back and I don't have the words to say what an incredible experience it was.
My trip there started very lousy, I had a flat tire on my car on tuesday evening and I came back home. On wednesday I put new tire on my car and got back on the road again. And it all went well. Maja and me slept in car for one night and on thursday we arrived to Belgium. It was quite cold there, but I was very happy. On thursday I was on seminar with two dogs, with my crazy Graa and even more crazy little Boom. My "instructor" for Gra was Marc van Beeck and HE was great. I can only say, that he immediately realised our problems, and was trying to help us in my handling. He liked Gra a lot. I already knew that she is a great dog, and he just made me stronger in my oppinion. And for now I have plenty of ideas how to make our performances better. Almost everything he touhgt us, was new for us, but it's working. We just need training in that direction. Boom was in group at a czech instructor - Eva Lačnakova and I got so many ideas for improving my handling from her and also great training tips for handlers mainly.
On friday we took a little trip to Antwerpen, bought a little slovenian flag, and some souvenirs.
On saturday we started with competition. It was held on football gorund, there were 5 rings, and I sure had a lot of work. At first I started with Boom on jumping course - and he did a great job, we had one refusal, but still had a second best time. And then I was running with my other dogs. I'm very proud and happy about Gra's jumping - we ended on 5th place (out of 120) and I think this is a very good result for us.
On the first day I qualified to final run with my little Eni. She was doing a really good job there, and I was very pleased with her performance. In final run (on sunday), which is basically knock-out, she was doing very good, but I wasn't - unfortunatelly I have forgotten to tell her the command for short jump, and she made a big turn, which costed us a final run.
There were some zwergpinschers running, and a lady from Netherlands liked my guys and girls, so she is very interested about next litter.
Unfortunatelly I don't have any videos of my runnings, because it was very hard to follow me on all these rings.
It really was a great experience and I'm looking forward for next year. Because for sure, I'm going there.

Ni komentarjev: